Monday, June 29, 2009

Some old paintings.



A couple of old paintings-
The first one, is of a bird( evidently(hopefully(:P))). It was done while I was sitting in a biology lecture the in september the last year. Its done with a ball pen in about 5-10 minutes. The other painting is done with watercolours again in about five minutes. I tried to give it a hazy feel of a ship caught in a storm. I was a bit alarmed and a lot pissed off when there was an unexpected power cut right when I was in the middle of it, but I did it in the light of the laptop screen- I was too engrossed to go look for a flashlight or a candle; plus I don't think I had a flashlight or a candle....
Anyways, I have been visiting a professional artist and taking some lessons from him over the summer. He has been giving me some nice studies to work on, so, nowadays you can find me on College road and areas around with my sketchbook, headphones and a can of Mountain Dew.
Will post pictures and sketches if something good comes along. Meanwhile, tell me how these paintings are....

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the ship picture. Also the trees are very lifelike. You are a natural at watercolor-work on it :) Blue

    ReplyDelete

Of guitars and paintbrushes....(and a few other things too) Headline Animator